Risotto with Gorgonzola, Pear and Walnuts is a delicious and tasty dish, perfect if served on special occasions.
The strong taste of gorgonzola cheese is softened by the sweet and juicy pear flavour and enriched with crunchy chopped walnuts.
It’s a creamy, delicate risotto. We opted for Williams pear, but you can use the quality of the season, if you prefer. About gorgonzola, chose the sweet quality because it’s a perfect match with the pear sweetness.
If you have not tasted this particular combination of flavors yet, try out this recipe. You will be not disappointed!
- Italian Cheese Fondue | Fontina Fonduta Recipe
- Grapes Dipped in Gorgonzola and Pistachios
- Hazelnut Risotto with Pecorino Cheese
- Risi e Bisi | Authentic Venetian Rice and Peas
- Creamy Italian Mushroom Risotto | Risotto ai Funghi
Risotto with Gorgonzola, Pear and Walnuts Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Min
- Cook Time: 20 Min
- Servings: 4
- 350 g (about 12 oz) of Carnaroli rice
- 1 little onion
- 1 Williams pear (or the quality you can find)
- 200 g (7 oz) of gorgonzola cheese (the sweet quality)
- 10 shelled walnuts
- 100 ml of dry white wine
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g (about 2 oz) of unsalted butter
- 100 g (3,50 oz) of grated Parmigiano
Step 1) – Are you ready to learn how to make Risotto with Gorgonzola, Pears and Walnuts? Well, let’s get start then! Begin preparing a vegetable stock, then chop coarsely the walnuts and set them aside. Finely chop the onion and place it in a pan with 30 g butter and 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
Cook it for 2 or 3 minutes then add the rice. Toast it for a few minutes, stir then add the white wine and let it evaporate.
Step 2) – As the rice dries out, add gradually a ladle of stock at a time, until completely cooked (about 15-18 minutes). Meanwhile, peel the pear, remove its seeds and cut it into small pieces. Take off the gorgonzola crust and cut it into small pieces as well.
Step 3) – About 5 minutes before the risotto is ready, add gorgonzola and pear. When the risotto is ready, turn off the heat and add chopped walnuts, grated Parmigiano and the remaining butter. Stir very well and serve immediatly.