Panna Cotta recipe is a great classic of Italian cuisine. This dessert, typically flavored with vanilla, is easy and quick to make and, after the cooling time in the refrigerator, it’s ready to be tasted.
Panna Cotta is a classic italian dessert made with heavy cream, vanilla and sugar. Gelatin sheets, added to the mixture, create a custard-like consistency. The choice of ingredients is essential for an excellent panna cotta recipe, so choose the best you can find such as high quality fresh heavy cream and natural vanilla bean.
You can top Panna Cotta with seasonal fruits, it’s delicious with exotic fruits, citrus and red fruits. It can even be served with dark chocolate ganache on top or caramel sauce. In this recipe we have made a raspberry sauce with just some raspberris, lemon zest and sugar.
How to Make Panna Cotta Recipe
- 250 g (9 oz) of fresh raspberries
- 60 g (about 2 oz) of white sugar
- the juice of 1 lemon
1) – Soak the gelatin in a bowl with the cold water for about 10/15 minutes. Meanwhile, pour the heavy cream in a saucepan.
2) – Cut the vanilla bean along its length and remove the seeds by scraping with the tip of a knife, then add it to the cream.
3) – Finally add 60 g of sugar. Cook over low heat, but without boiling (about 10/15 min); then when the cream has come to a boil, turn off the heat and remove the vanilla bean.
4) – Place the cream in a bowl. Now drain the gelatin without squeezing too much, then dip it in the bowl with the hot cream. Stir with a whisk until the gelatin has completely melted. Panna cotta is almost ready; now you just have to pour the cream in some glasses or cups and let it cool. Let see how to do it!
5) – Take four glasses and moisten with cold water then drain them. Place them in a container where in the center you have put a rolled towel. Lean the glasses so that they remain sloped (this only if you want the panna cotta to solidify sloped). Pour the panna cotta cream into the glasses. Leave to cool off at room temperature then cover with plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator to make it cold for at least 6 hours. After this cooling time, panna cotta is ready to be enjoyed. Now we keep going to explain how to make a delicious raspberry sauce to top the panna cotta.
How to Make Raspberry Sauce for Panna Cotta Recipe
You can eat Panna cotta without sauces or choose between dark chocolate ganache, caramel sauce or red fruits sauce to top this creamy dessert. We opted for a raspberry sauce so now let’s show you how to make it.
1) – Place the raspberries in a food processor then add 60 g (about 2 oz) of white sugar and the juice of 1 lemon. Grind the raspberries until you get a fairly homogeneous sauce.
2) – Using a strainer filter the raspberry sauce and place it in a saucepan then warm it over very low heat until the sugar has melted (about 5 min).
3) – Place the raspberry sauce on top of panna cotta before serving.
Panna cotta can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days at most well covered with plastic wrap.