We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
INFORMATIONS WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THEM
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website
- We may collect personal informations from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to this Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- We automatically collect certain informations about you and the device with which you access this Website. For example, when you use this Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using this Website, such as links clicked.
- We may log informations using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by this Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on this Website.
HOW WE COULD USE YOUR INFORMATIONS
We may use the informations collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you newsletters. Each email promotion will provide informations on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To send you e-Books you have purchased;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on this Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activities.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your informations.
Additionally, this Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of this Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal informations is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Personal data is collected by this Website for the following purposes and using the following third-party service providers:
Analytics collected directly and Google Analytics
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Amazon Affiliation
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Contacting the User
Personal Data: email address and first name
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
Facebook Like button and social widgets, Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets, Twitter Tweet button and social widgets, and Instagram Like button and social widgets
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Managing contacts and sending messages
Personal Data: email address and first name (optional)
- RSS feed management
Personal Data: Usage Data
- SPAM protection and security
At this time, your personal informations are not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you leave a comment on this Website, your name and email may be publicly visible.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this Website.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into this Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Recipes from Italy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com/Amazon.ca/Amazon.co.uk. As part of this Amazon Associates program, this Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On this Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows this Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
- You may access the personal informations we have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
- You may contact us at [email protected] to amend or update your personal informations.
- In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected]
Please note that we may need to retain certain informations for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law such as in the case of e-Book sales.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that this Website has personally identifiable informations of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.